Honduras Central Conference headquarters.

Photo courtesy of Honduras Union Mission.

Central Honduras Conference

By Carlos Alberto Paguada, and Fredy Rene Funez

×

Carlos Alberto Paguada Santos, B.Th. (Universidad Adventista de Centro América, Alajuela, Costa Rica), is president of Central Honduras Conference. He has served as a district pastor and executive secretary of Atlantic Honduras Conference and Central Honduras Conference, among others. He is married to Kenia Argenal and has two children.

Fredy Rene Funez Sarmiento, M.A. (Inter-American Adventist Theological Seminary, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico), has served as a district pastor in Costa Rica and Honduras, Spirit of Prophecy director, field secretary, area coordinator, stewardship and youth ministries director for Honduras Union Mission, and professor of Bible and computer sciences at Instituto Monserrat, among others. He is studying for a PhD in pastoral ministry.

Central Honduras Conference is a part of Honduras Union Mission. Its headquarters are located in Colonia La Reforma, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.1

The territory of Central Honduras Conference includes the departments of Comayagua, Intibucá, La Paz, and Olancho; the Cantarranas, Cedros, El Porvenir, Guaymaca, Marale, Orica, San Ignacio, Santa Lucia, Talanga, Valle de Ángeles, Vallecillos, and Villa de San Francisco municipalities of Francisco Morazán; and the Central District with Río del Hombre in Amarateca as the northern border and the Rio Grande meeting with the Choluteca River as the southern border, bordering the municipalities of San Buena Ventura and Santa Ana.2

The field’s activities are governed by a constitution based on that of the Inter-American Division. By 2019, Central Honduras Conference had 85 organized churches, 52 groups, 13,861 members, 23 districts, 13 ordained pastors, 10 licensed ministers, and eight office employees.3

Origins and Development of Central Honduras Conference

As the first of all the fields in Honduras, this conference has the longest history out of them. When the Adventist message was established in Honduras, it went through many changes in leadership, name, and headquarters. Researched articles mostly describe the development of the Adventist message in Honduras, so covering its origins is limited to the creation of Honduras Mission in 1918.

From March 29 to April 14, 1918, Adventist leaders from around the world attended the 39th Session of the General Conference in San Francisco, California.4 At that session, a vote was taken to officially organize Honduras Mission as part of a territorial restructuring. In early 1918, Pastor William E. Lanier and his wife arrived in Honduras from the USA to work in the South Honduras mission with headquarters in La Ceiba. When the General Conference Session voted for the official organization of Honduras Mission, Pastor Lanier was appointed president and kept this position until June 1923. Pastor Gideon Jones was appointed secretary-treasurer. The board of directors comprised W. E. Lanier, David Haylock, Christopher Jones, E. Elwin, Arthur Harding, and Gideon Jones.5 When Honduras Mission was organized in 1918, it had 267 members.

Since 1915, the General Conference had been requested to dissolve the Central American Conference, and, since then, two headquarters had been in operation as missions: one in Coxen Hole, Roatán; and another in Tegucigalpa. With the restructuring, these two headquarters were to be unified.6 Pastor E. W. Pabmele, the union president, believed that the headquarters should be in San Pedro Sula, so he dedicated two weeks in San Pedro Sula to finding a suitable property for the new mission offices. Therefore, in San Pedro Sula, the first headquarters of Honduras Mission was established.

In 1918, North Latin American Union Mission was organized, and Honduras Mission and the missions of Cuba, Guatemala, Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, and Venezuela were attached to it along with a part of the West Indian Union Conference and the islands of Guadalupe and Martinique.7 Soon after, as part of the efforts to organize and manage the broad territory of these fields, a territorial adjustment of the union was made, and the Mexican-Central American Union Mission was formed with the territory of the countries of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, British Honduras (Belize), and El Salvador as well as the western part of Nicaragua. This union operated until 1923.8

On October 25, 1923, the Inter-American Division board voted “To recommend to the board of the Mexican Central American Union Mission to adopt the name of Aztec Union Mission.” That union had 21 organized churches and 1,014 members. The headquarters were located in Colonia Roma, Mexico, Distrito Federal. The president was D. A. Parsons.9 Later, the Central American Union Mission was formed and separated from the Aztec Union Mission. Guatemala was chosen as the location for the new union’s headquarters.

Local brethren were not entirely satisfied with the decision of the 1918 World Congress to have only one mission for Honduras and British Honduras because they felt that the work between the English-speaking and Hispanic populations was not being fully achieved. At the end of 1929, the church leaders held a session on the Island of Guanaja, where the largest, oldest church of Honduras Mission had been organized. Pastor W. E. Baxter, president of Central American Union Mission, and W. D. Kieser, secretary of missionary work, gave the spiritual message. In the Sabbath afternoon, the pioneers of the Adventist message recounted their experiences in the early years.10 They told of how Pastor and Sister Hutchins had come to the islands and won the people’s hearts with their relentless efforts.11 “Uncle Dave” Haylock served as church elder for many years. Richard Wood and S. J. Benneth told stories about their many voyages on the mission ship, “The Herald,” and recalled handling its sails during storms. Stephen Haylock, Jarrett Wood, Eva K. Bodden, and others added their experiences, and the meeting ended with the hymn, “Faith of Our Fathers.” All those present were inspired to remain loyal to the message and fight the good fight until the return of the Savior.

Since the work among the Hispanic population had grown considerably, and since combining the English and Spanish work was difficult, a plan to separate the English work from the Hispanic work was considered as convenient and urgent. It was then arranged that, before January 1930, Belize and the Bay Islands would form the British Honduras Mission, and its headquarters would be established in Belize. C. B. Sutton, who had worked for many years in Belize, was appointed president. The headquarters of Honduras Mission would remain in San Pedro Sula, and Pastor E. J. Lorntz from Iowa, who had served as president of Honduras Mission since January 1925, remained in this position until he had to return to the United States in February 1931. With his departure, Pastor A. V. Larzon, who had been working in Panama, was called to serve as president of Honduras Mission in March 1931.

With the creation of the Belize Mission in 1930, Central American Union Mission comprised seven countries: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize. The total population was 6,668,764, and 3,735 church members existed throughout the union. By the end of 1930, Honduras Mission had 15 organized churches and 624 members.

When Belize was separated from Honduras Mission in 1930, only 56 church members existed in the country. With Pastor C. B. Sutton’s hard work, in 1937, Belize reported the organization of two new churches and a membership of 385, excluding the 302 members in the Bay Islands. The mission offices in San Pedro Sula were transferred to La Ceiba around 1936. This move brought Honduras Mission closer to the members in the Bay Islands, which were part of Belize Mission at the time. This approach allowed Pastor Chester Westphal, mission president, to request the union to annex the Bay Islands to his field. The request was accepted, and, in 1937, the Bay Islands were annexed to Honduras Mission.

On February 27, 1949, a fire began to consume the building near La Ceiba Adventist Church. Almost all the members were present to try to stop the fire before it could damage the church building. However, the fire was uncontrollable. Worse, the wind blew the fire in the direction of the church. A second fire started in the house on the other side of the church. It was impossible to stop the fires. The brethren then decided to pray for God’s help. The Lord immediately answered these prayers. The wind started to blow in the opposite direction of the church. The building where the first fire started was reduced to ashes. The house where the second fire started had been almost entirely burned. The Adventist church building remained as a testimony of God’s mercy and goodness. Over 700 onlookers were amazed with the way God had answered the Adventists’ prayers. They went exclaiming, “God is with the Adventists!”12

In 1956, another fire started in La Ceiba, reducing the headquarters of Honduras Mission to ashes. Pastor R. E. Rieger, mission president, thought this was the time to move.13 Instead of building new offices in La Ceiba, they moved the headquarters to Colonia Finlay of Tegucigalpa, the country’s capital. In 1958, Pastor Kenneth Fleck was appointed president of Honduras Mission.14 Pastor Fleck noticed that there were no legal papers to operate the mission. He obtained and decided to put all the legal documents of Honduras Mission in order.

The 1970s were intense. In 1970-1974, Pastor Robert Stanley Folkenberg was the president of Honduras Mission. As a pilot, he traveled by plane. Some members began to criticize him, alluding to the fact that the former president, Pastor William Waller, had traveled third class to save money while the new president traveled in private planes. However, during Pastor Folkenberg’s term, work grew like never before in the mission’s history. Many churches were built, work was established in many places, and the Valle de Ángeles Adventist Hospital was constructed.15

In 1979, as the president of Honduras Mission, Pastor Bert Elkins decided to do something that would eventually cost him his administrative position. He took a vote to sell a property that the church had in Finlay, which was relatively close to the city center and, at the time, had the church, the mission office building, and the school’s classrooms in the same property. With this sale, he bought a new property near the Adventist hospital in Valle de Ángeles and began to construct new mission offices and employee housing. He also bought a property in Tepeyac on the outskirts of Tegucigalpa for a new school and church.16

“El Progreso,” an Adventist school, was built on the new property in Tepeyac. With the 13th Sabbath Offerings, a metropolitan hall was built to serve as an evangelistic center. However, with growing dissatisfaction among some brethren relating to the sale of the property in Finlay, a commission spoke with the administrators of Central American Union Mission, announcing that Pastor Elkins had sold their church and sent them to the city outskirts. Pastor Elkins was removed from his post. When he left Honduras, he told some of the brethren that, although they did not understand what he did at the time, they would be grateful someday. The city grew rapidly, and, by 2019, the Tepeyac area had been converted into Tegucigalpa’s government center. The property’s value is one of the highest in the entire city. Pastor Elkins was many years ahead of his time, so the brethren in Tegucigalpa now say, “Thank you, Pastor Bert Elkins.”17

The relocation of the mission offices to Valle de Ángeles in 1979 left those members who lived outside of Tegucigalpa upset. They observed the difficulty to reach Tegucigalpa and Valle de Ángeles; with 106 curves in the roads, travel was tedious and even dangerous. In the following triennial congresses, these brethren always made that observation.18

In the triennial congress of Honduras Mission in 1988, two important votes were taken: first, to reorganize the field and convert the Bay Islands into a mission; and second, to move the mission headquarters in Valle de Ángeles back to Tegucigalpa between the years 1988 and 1991.19 This did not happen immediately; 19 years passed. During Pastor Dennis Rodriguez’s administration, it was decided to purchase a property in Colonia La Reforma to start the construction project. This project was concluded under Pastor Adán Ramos’s administration in 2007.20

Honduras Mission changed its name over time. In 1918, the North and South missions were united and became the “Honduras Mission.” In 1930, it separated from Belize and the Bay Islands and kept its own name. In 1937, the Bay Islands were added to its territory, and its name stayed the same. In 1988, the Bay Islands separated to form their own mission, and Honduras Mission became “Continental Honduras Mission.” In 1998, Northwest Mission was created, and Continental Honduras Mission became Central Honduras Mission. In 2009, it was restructured to create the Southeast Region, and its name remained the same.

Finally, in March 17-18, 2010, after 92 years, the mission’s status changed to become a conference. Its name changed to Central Honduras Conference.21 Pastor Adán Ramos, who had served as president of the mission for five years, was appointed conference president with Pastor Roberto Brown as secretary and Marvin Scott as treasurer.22

Educational Institutions

Seventh-day Adventist School was unofficially created in 1936 with the arrival of German Pastor Alfredo Lutz to the church in Tegucigalpa. Seeing the need for a Christian education, he contracted Digna Castillo, a teacher in the congregation, to teach in a small church classroom with approximately ten children. Maria Cristina Sánchez later joined the project, and she and Castillo taught elementary groups.

At that time, the state did not require an operating agreement, so the school worked without the recognition of the Ministry of Education. On February 3, 1945, Silvia Thompson, a member of the Adventist church and an employee of the General Directorate of Primary Education, legalized the urban private school named “El Progreso” under agreement No. 31 of the Directorate and General Inspection of Primary Education.23 She also requested a subsidy for the institution.

Over the years, the need to grow was felt. It was then that, under the leadership of Pastor Bert Elkins, the property on which the educational center operated was sold, and the school moved to the Morazán District while new facilities were built in Colonia Tepeyac. Bilingual courses in kindergarten and primary levels were opened in 2006 and 2008 respectively.24 The conversion to a bilingual system led to the official closure of “El Progreso.”25 The kindergarten and primary school was renamed “Seventh-day Adventist School.”

Metropolitan Adventist School is located in Colonia Tepeyac, Boulevard Juan Pablo II, Tegucigalpa, Honduras. In 1988, the school board and Honduras Mission agreed to open a mid-level school named “Metropolitan Adventist Institute.”26 This is how, on January 19, 1988, the private institute opened with basic courses.27 Bachelors in arts and science were offered in 2000 but were made official by the Ministry of Education in 2006.28

The Metropolitan Adventist School has 24 teachers, 6 support staff, and 286 students. The facilities are composed of 13 classrooms and a parking area, gymnasium, multipurpose sports field, science laboratory, computer lab, cafeteria, preschool recreation area, and multipurpose room.29

Catacamas Adventist School is located in Barrio Cabañas, Catacamas, Olancho. It was founded in 1993 as “Marco Antonio Cruz” school and was later changed to “Adventist Private School.” The school led by Professor Martha Dilia Bonilla was organized with a total of 19 students in three different classrooms. By 2000, there was an increase in students and in infrastructure, adding restrooms for both sexes and raising the number of classrooms from three to nine. At the same time, a preschool level was started.

As of 2019, this private school run by Professor Glendy Gomez has 13 teaching, administrative, and support staff members and 138 students. The facilities are composed of two pre-primary classrooms, six primary classrooms, a computer lab, a cafeteria, a psychology area, and a covered multipurpose sports field.30

Maranatha Adventist Bilingual School is located in Barrio Los Lirios, Boulevard Cuatro Centenario, Comayagua, Honduras. On December 8, 1999, under Pastor Alfredo Argueta’s administration, the mission board of directors authorized the opening of Maranatha Adventist Bilingual School in the city of Comayagua.31 It began operations on June 1, 1999. The Ministry of Education approved its registration in 2000 with agreement No. 0754-SE-03.

Its first facilities were built by Maranatha International Volunteers and Central Honduras Mission. In 1999, construction of the auditorium and church area began, followed by the construction of a preschool area with three classrooms and two bathrooms. As of 2019, the institution comprises three two-story buildings, 34 teachers, 25 administrative support staff and security personnel, 406 students, 27 classrooms, 12 offices, two computer labs, a natural science lab, an arts workshop, a library, an audiovisual room, three covered sports courts, a cafeteria, and five storage rooms.

Maranatha Adventist Institute is located on the road to San Juancito at the campus where Honduras Mission operated in Valle de Ángeles, Francisco Morazán, Honduras. This secondary education center was founded in 2000 under the name of “Maranatha Adventist Academy.”32 This education institute was created from Pastor José Alberto Morán’s perceived need for an institution that would teach civic, moral, and spiritual principles.

The institute began operations in February 2000 under Director Norma Vega Calderón offering basic courses, bachelors of science and arts, and a bachelor of computer science. In its first year of operations, it housed 86 students and had a staff of 11 teachers and administrators. In 2008, Maranatha Adventist Academy was renamed “Maranatha Adventist Private Institute.” In 2018, through the Ministry of Education, its name changed to “Maranatha Adventist Non-Governmental Secondary Education Center.”33 By 2019, it had 12 specialized teachers, two administrative professionals, 107 students, 11 classrooms, a library, a natural science laboratory, a computer lab, a kitchen for cooking classes, a multipurpose sports field, and administrative offices.34

Maranatha Convention and Retirement Center is a multi-service institution on the road to San Juancito at the campus where Honduras Mission operated in Valle de Ángeles, Francisco Morazán, Honduras.

The center’s history begins at the triennial session of Continental Honduras Mission in 1988. In this congress, it was voted that, “during the triennium of 1988-1991, the administration is authorized to transfer the offices of the mission from Valle de Ángeles to Tegucigalpa.”35 At the same time, a recommendation from Mid-Central American Union Mission to acquire land for special church meetings was accepted.36

With the transfer of the mission offices to Tegucigalpa, the mission became financially unstable, and the old building in Valle de Ángeles was vandalized by thieves. However, the mission was urged to find a place to train laypeople. The field administration of Pastor Adán Ramos and Secretary-Treasurer Marvin Scott started a project for a laity training center, which had been voted for earlier but not created due to lack of resources.37

By that time, the brethren also requested the creation of an Adventist university for Honduras. The idea was to use the former mission buildings for the purposes of a university and a training center. Remodeling began in September 2007. The relevant permits were requested from the Autonomous University of Honduras, and proper government and organizational procedures were followed to obtain permits for a university nursing program. Several problems did not allow for state permission. Therefore, the university’s completion was postponed. The option to convert the old mission facilities into a retirement and lay training center still existed. Brother Manuel Flores, who had experience in hotel management, was hired to assist with the administration and marketing of the retirement center.38

While the retirement center was being remodeled, it was used to train laity. The center was inaugurated on March 16, 2010, by Pastor Israel Leito, Inter-American Division president.39 As of 2019, the retirement center has a swimming pool, two sports fields, four multipurpose rooms, a cafeteria, 36 private rooms, and other rooms with bunk beds as well as four permanent employees and 10 event-contracted employees.

Youth Camp, a 67-acre property, was purchased during Pastor Dennis Rodríguez’s administration in 2004 to build a youth camp in the Zambrano forest about 22 miles from Tegucigalpa. However, due to the financial problems of the transfer of the mission offices from Valle de Ángeles to Tegucigalpa, the idea to sell the property to pay off loans was examined during Pastor Adán Ramos’s administration. The idea was to sell the property for the original purchase price of $70,000 USD. Pastor Ramos had never seen the property and asked Brother Marvin Scott to show him. When he saw the whole property, he regretted even the idea of selling it. The plans to sell were immediately canceled, and it was decided to divide a part of the land and sell it to denomination workers. 42 acres were reserved for the campground. With half of the sale of the lots to the denomination workers, all the debts were settled, and the other half of the lots was preserved for future sales meant to develop the youth camp. Pastor Ramos also bought a plot of land adjacent to the camp and the river, making access to the river easier.40

During Pastor Ismael Hernández’s administration, a plot of land was given to each church that had a Pathfinders or Master Guides Club; these churches would maintain these plots as their campgrounds at all times. Under Pastor Olger Villalobos’s administration, electricity and covered sports fields were installed. As of 2019, a lot remains to be developed, but the most important thing is that they still have the land to continue development.41

List of Presidents

Willian. E. Lanier (1918-1923); E. E. Bedoe (1923-1924); E. J. Lorntz (1925-1931); A. V. Larson (1931-1934); L. V. Cleaves (1934-1936); Chester Westphal (1936-1942); Peter Nygaard (1942-1947); Edward Jensen (1948-1953); R. E. Rieger (1953-1958); Kenneth Fleck (1958-1963); Willian Waller (1963-1968); Dionisio Christian (1969-1970); Robert Folkenberg (1970-1974); James Zacrikson (1975); James Kaine (1976); Bert Elkins (1977-1980); Mario Muñoz (1980-1983); Reinaldo Canales (1983-1984); Pablo Perla (1984-1988); Richard Howell (1988-1990); Julio Juárez (1991); Edward McField (1991-1995); Alfredo Argueta (1996-2001); Dennis Rodríguez (2001-2005); Adán Ramos (2005-2010); Ismael Hernández (2011-2014); Olger Villalobos (2014-2019); Carlos Paguada (2019- ).

Sources

Baker, Isaac. “The North Honduras Mission.” ARH. Vol. 92, no. 52. October 21, 1915.

Catacamas Adventist School. Narrative adapted by author. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Central Honduras Mission minutes. December 8, 1999, 049-99. Central Honduras Conference archives. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Continental Honduras Mission. 1988. 098-88. Central Honduras Conference archives. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Continental Honduras Mission triennial session minutes. 098-88. July 8-10, 1988. Central Honduras Conference archives. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Departmental Directorate of Education. “District Directorate No. 1: Proof of Cessation of Duties.” Francisco Morazán. June 13, 2014.

Fuentes, Nohemy. “Liberty Howell.” Narrative adapted by author. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

“General Conference Sessions.” ASTR: Office of Archives, Statistics, and Research. Accessed 2019. https://www.adventistarchives.org/gcsessiondates.

General Directorate of Primary Education. “Certification.” June 14, 1966. Secretariat archives. Honduras.

Jones, R. G. “Church Building Spared in Fire.” In ARH, edited by Francis D. Nichol. Vol. 126, no. 13. March 31, 1949.

Lorntz, E. E. “Honduras.” ARH. Vol. 107, no. 5. January 30, 1930.

Maranatha Private Adventist Institute. Narrative adapted by author. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Maranatha Private Adventist Institute. “C.E.M.N.G.” Historical review. Valle de Ángeles, Francisco Morazán.

Metropolitan Adventist Institute. “Book of Agreements.” Tegucigalpa, Honduras. 88-1, 1988, 3. Metropolitan Adventist Institute archives.

Office of Public Education. Agreement no. 0063-E.P. January 19, 1988. Secretary of State archives. Republic of Honduras.

Office of Public Education. Agreement no. 1031-SE-06. April 24, 2006. Secretary of State archives. Republic of Honduras.

Office of Public Education. Agreement no. 2985-SE-07. October 9, 2007. Secretary of State archives. Republic of Honduras.

Office of Public Education. Agreement no. 4342-SE-06. September 28, 2006. Secretary of State archives. Republic of Honduras.

Paguada, Carlos. Central Honduras Conference secretariat archives. 2019.

Request submitted to departmental director. February 16, 2000. Central Honduras Conference archives.

Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook. Various years. adventistyearbook.org.

Town, N. Z. “The Central American Camp Meeting.” ARH. Vol. 92, no. 41. August 19, 1915.

Notes

  1. “Central Honduras Conference,” Seventh-day Adventist Online Yearbook, accessed March 6, 2019, https://www.adventistyearbook.org/entity?EntityID=20919.

  2. Ibid.

  3. Carlos Paguada, Central Honduras Conference secretariat archives, 2019.

  4. “General Conference Sessions,” Office of Archives, Statistics, and Research, accessed 2019, https://www.adventistarchives.org/gcsessiondates.

  5. “Honduras Mission,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1919), accessed March 4, 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1919.pdf.

  6. Isaac Baker, “The North Honduras Mission,” ARH, vol. 92, no. 52, October 21, 1915, 12, accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Periodicals/RH/RH19151021-V92-52.pdf.

  7. “North Latin-American Union Conference,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1919), 255, accessed March 4, 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1919.pdf.

  8. “Mexican and Central American Missions,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1921), 145, accessed March 4, 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1921.pdf.

  9. “Aztec Union Mission,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1924), 181, accessed March 4, 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1924.pdf.

  10. E. E. Lorntz, “Honduras,” The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, vol 107, no. 5, January 30, 1930, 25, accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Periodicals/RH/RH19300130-V107-05.pdf.

  11. N. Z. Town, “The Central American Camp Meeting,” ARH, vol. 92, no. 41, August 19, 1915, 15, accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Periodicals/RH/RH19150819-V92-41.pdf.

  12. R. G. Jones, “Church Building Spared in Fire,” in ARH, ed. Francis D. Nichol, vol. 126, no. 13, March 31, 1949, accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Periodicals/RH/RH19490331-V126-13.pdf.

  13. “Inter-American Division,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1956), accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1956.pdf.

  14. “Inter-American Division,” Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1958), accessed 2019, http://documents.adventistarchives.org/Yearbooks/YB1958.pdf.

  15. Adán Ramos, interview by author, Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazán, May 28, 2019.

  16. Ibid.

  17. Ibid.

  18. Ibid.

  19. Continental Honduras Mission triennial session, 098-88, July 8-10, 1988, Central Honduras Conference archives.

  20. Adán Ramos, interview by author, Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazán, May 28, 2019.

  21. Ibid.

  22. Ibid.

  23. General Directorate of Primary Education, “Certification,” June 14, 1966, secretariat archives, Honduras.

  24. Office of Public Education, agreement no. 4342-SE-06, September 28, 2006, Secretary of State archives, Republic of Honduras.; and Office of Public Education, agreement no. 2985-SE-07, October 9, 2007, Secretary of State archives, Republic of Honduras.

  25. Departmental Directorate of Education, “District Directorate No. 1: Proof of Cessation of Duties,” Francisco Morazán, June 13, 2014.

  26. Metropolitan Adventist Institute, “Book of Agreements,” Tegucigalpa, Honduras, 88-1, 1988, 3, Metropolitan Adventist Institute archives.

  27. Office of Public Education, agreement no. 0063-E.P., 88, January 19, 1988, Secretary of State archives, Republic of Honduras.

  28. Office of Public Education, agreement no. 1031-SE-06, April 24, 2006, Secretary of State archives, Republic of Honduras.

  29. Nohemy Fuentes, “Liberty Howell,” narrative adapted by author, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

  30. Catacamas Adventist School, narrative adapted by author, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

  31. Central Honduras Mission, December 8, 1999, 049-99, Central Honduras Conference archives, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

  32. Request submitted to departmental director, February 16, 2000, Central Honduras Conference archives.

  33. Maranatha Private Adventist Institute, “C.E.M.N.G.,” historical review, Valle de Ángeles, Francisco Morazán.

  34. Maranatha Private Adventist Institute, narrative adapted by author, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

  35. Continental Honduras Mission, 1988, 098-88, Central Honduras Conference archives, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

  36. Ibid., 101-88.

  37. Adán Ramos, interview by author, Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazán, May 28, 2019.

  38. Ibid.

  39. Ibid.

  40. Ibid.

  41. Ibid.

×

Paguada, Carlos Alberto, Fredy Rene Funez. "Central Honduras Conference." Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventists. April 13, 2021. Accessed April 14, 2021. https://encyclopedia.adventist.org/article?id=CG2D.

Paguada, Carlos Alberto, Fredy Rene Funez. "Central Honduras Conference." Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventists. April 13, 2021. Date of access April 14, 2021, https://encyclopedia.adventist.org/article?id=CG2D.

Paguada, Carlos Alberto, Fredy Rene Funez (2021, April 13). Central Honduras Conference. Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventists. Retrieved April 14, 2021, https://encyclopedia.adventist.org/article?id=CG2D.