Showing 1 – 4 of 4
Dakota Adventist Academy is a co-educational boarding high school that opened in the fall of 1977 on nearly 1,000 acres located northwest of Bismarck, North Dakota, and overlooking the Missouri River. The Dakota Conference of Seventh-day Adventists under the jurisdiction of the Mid-America Union Conference owns and operates the school.
Dakota Conference is an administrative unit of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Mid-America Union Conference.
Plainview Academy opened in 1902 near Sioux City, Iowa, in the southeast part of the state of South Dakota on land donated in 1901 by the Elk Point (now Hurley) church. Originally it was an intermediate school variously known as South Dakota Intermediate School, Elk Point Intermediate School, and Elk Point Industrial School. The school was closed in 1965.
Sheyenne River Academy (SRA) was established in 1903 on 160 acres of property donated by the citizens of Harvey, North Dakota. The instructions were to “build a school to accommodate at least fifty pupils and operate it for a minimum of five years.”