Showing 1 – 2 of 2
Central Nicaragua Mission includes the departments of Carazo, Granada, Managua, Masaya, and Rivas. Nicaragua Mission was organized in 1928 and reorganized in 2003 as Central Nicaragua Mission.
In 1898, Pastor Hutchins began a missionary trip to Bocas del Toro in Panama and Puerto Limón in Costa Rica. However, while sailing through the Caribbean near Nicaragua, he was caught by a tropical storm that forced him to seek refuge along the river bank in the town of Prinzapolka in Nicaragua. While docked in Prinzapolka, Pastor Hutchins provided medical and dental services to the town’s population of mostly Miskito and Creole people. He also offered Adventist literature and magazines to the people.
Inter-American Division Nicaragua Country (Based on SDA membership)