The ACA Health Benefits Fund is a fund into which church employees and local church officers can contribute so that it can assist with the payment of medical costs accrued by insured individuals.
George Adair provided 37 years of sound management in Sanitarium Health Food Company and Sydney Sanitarium and Hospital in the Australasian Union Conference, ensuring the viability of these institutions in both the Depression and the years of World War II.
Reginald “Reg” and Leila Adair served the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Australia, at the General Conference headquarters, and in the Far East, specifically the China Division during the time of the Communist takeover.
The Adelaide Electro-Hydropathic Institute and Sanitarium was opened in July 1899, the brainchild of Alfred Semmens. It existed for ten years as a struggling institution until it was superseded by the Adelaide Sanitarium which was opened at another site in 1908.
Prior to the establishment of the Adopt-A-Clinic project, John Morris, a Seventh-day Adventist layman, initiated a program to give basic medical kits to Fijian clinics. The enterprise functioned from 1992 through 1996, and he made arrangements to restart the service in 2002, a concept germane to the later Adopt-A-Clinic program.
Herbert William Adrian served as secretary and treasurer for the Tasmanian Conference and the Fiji Mission.
AdSAFE is an entity established to address domestic violence and sexual abuse within the Seventh-day Adventist church community in Australasia. Its mandate includes providing information and resources concerning the various forms of abuse, training employees and church members to combat abuse, supporting victims of abuse, investigating allegations of abuse, and cooperating with law enforcement authorities in cases of abuse that appear in the civil courts.
Correspondence courses were available through the Church in the South Pacific between 1925 and the mid-1990s. These courses were delivered by a number of means including the Fireside Correspondence School and the Advent Correspondence School.
Adventist Alpine Village is a camp and conference center owned and operated by the South New South Wales Conference in Australia.
In the post-World War II era the number of Seventh-day Adventist retirement villages in the South Pacific Division has steadily increased.
John Aitken was the manager of the Avondale Press for thirteen years between 1909 and 1922. He trained many to operate a press and they in turn operated presses throughout the countries of the Australasian Union Conference.
From 1955 until 1987 Alert was the premier temperance journal in the South Pacific Division.
Rhae Allbon was qualified as both a government and church school teacher. She taught on the campus of the Australasian Missionary College, Avondale from the end of 1908 until the beginning of 1927. For most of that time she was head of the English Department at the College.
American Samoa is located in the south-central Pacific Ocean approximately 1,600 miles (2,600 kilometers) northeast of New Zealand and 2,200 miles (3,500 kilometers) southwest of Hawaii.
The Amyes Memorial Hospital was opened in 1939 at Kukudu on the Island of Kolombangara, Western Solomon Islands. Today it functions at the Kukudu Adventist Clinic.
Sidney Amyes was a New Zealand national who strongly supported the Seventh-day Adventist Church with his means and influence in its early days in South New Zealand.
Hattie Andre was a missionary, Bible teacher, and educational leader influential in the formative years of three Adventist institutions of higher learning.
The Appeal for Missions was an annual campaign in which church members voluntarily went door-to-door, soliciting donations from the public for the church mission program in the Pacific Islands.
Charles Ashcroft was a pastor, church administrator, and one of the pioneers of the denomination’s senior educational institution in Western Australia.
Auckland Adventist hospital was located at 188 St. Heliers Bay Road, St. Heliers, Auckland, New Zealand. It was administered as an institution of the Trans-Tasman Union Conference, South Pacific Division. It operated between 1974 and 1999.