Browse Articles

Show

in

sorted by: Title Division Date Published

Limit results to articles with a translation available in

Only show articles:

Where category is

Where title begins with

Where location is in

Where title text includes

View list of unfinished articles

Show advanced options +


Showing 201 – 220 of 472

Kukudu Adventist College is located on Kolumbangara Island, Western Province, Solomon Islands.

The Kwangsi Mission (广西区会) territory initially covered the Kwangsi (now Guangxi 广西省) Province and later included small portions of the adjacent western border regions of Guangdong Province. It was one of the most southerly provinces of China and remained in the South China Union Mission. Its provincial headquarters were located in Nanning.

Following the Second World War and with improvements made to the road and communication systems, the combination of the West Kweichow Mission and East Kweichow Mission became a practical option in 1945. It meant that the new Kweichow Mission 贵州区会 territory included the entire Kweichow 贵州 (Guizhou) Province with the additions of the northeast portion of Yunnan Province and the section in Sichuan Province south of the Yangtze River.

Herbert Camden and Lillian Lacey were teachers in Australia in the years of the Australian Mission when there were no Seventh-day Adventist educational institutions yet established. Herbert was also a minister and church administrator.

Paul Joseph Landa was a religion and history professor in North America.

Frederick and Lily Lang were appointed to Fiji. Frederick and seven others lost their lives at sea in a hurricane in November 1930.

Jope Laweloa was a Fijian missionary to Vanuatu and pastor in Fiji.

​The Liao An Mission (辽安区会) was organized in 1918 as part of the Manchurian Mission. Its territory covered the Liaoning Province. Mission headquarters were located in Mukden (now Shenyang 沈阳). For the first decade it was named the Fengtien Mission. In 1929 the name was changed to the Liaoning Mission, but in 1933 it reverted to Fengtien Mission. It was known as the South Manchuria Mission throughout the Second World War. Finally, in 1947 it was named the Liao An Mission.

​This brief essay covers the history of the Seventh-day Adventist mission in Kirin Province (now Jilin Province 吉林省), China. The entity was initially named the Kirin Mission, a subdivision of the Manchurian Mission. In 1939 the name was changed to the Central Manchuria Mission, and after the Second World War it was renamed the Liao Chi Mission.

​After the establishment of the People’s Republic of China in 1949, the Seventh-day Adventist Church made changes to the administration of some mission territories. For example, Manchuria was divided into two along a line between Tongliao in Mongolia, through Changchun and on to Tumen to the east on the border with Korea. A main railway approximated the line. To the north the Sung Kiang Mission was created. South of the line became the Liao Ho Mission. It extended further south into Jehol (later Rehe) Province or northern Hebei Province.1 The demarcation line followed a cultural boundary. The territory within the Liao Ho Mission was the seat of the twelfth century's Liao (Khitan) Empire.

​Raymond H. Libby was an educator, conference youth director, and church pastor who contributed to the early development of Adventist mass media evangelistic ministries.

​Arthur E. Lickey nurtured congregations in cities throughout the United States in a wide-ranging ministerial career. He was best known for his radio ministry and his "20th Century Bible Course".

​John Lindsey, an early convert to Sabbatarian Adventism, evangelized in the American Midwest during the 1850s and, after the death of his wife Esther, engaged in joint evangelistic ministry with his second wife, Sarah, in Pennsylvania and New York, during the 1860s and 1870s.

​Sarah A. Hallock Lindsey was a licensed Seventh-day Adventist minister who engaged in evangelistic and pastoral ministry with her husband, John Lindsey, in northern Pennsylvania and southern New York state during the late 1860s and in the 1870s.

"Listen" magazine was dedicated to a war against the scourges of alcohol drinking, tobacco smoking and other forms of substance abuse. The magazine’s subtitle for nearly 40 years, “A Journal of Better Living,” was changed to “Celebrating Positive Choices” beginning with the September 1987 issue.

Longburn Adventist College has been the senior Seventh-day Adventist educational institution in New Zealand since it was opened in 1913. It has undergone a number of name changes and often been restructured during its existence.

​Ezra Leon Longway, known to his Chinese friends as Luó Wēi (羅威), was a pioneer missionary to Thailand for several years and later devoted his ministry to administration in the China Division, the South China Island Union Mission, and the Far Eastern Division. The period included the eventful years of the Japanese occupation of China, World War Ⅱ, and the Communist takeover of mainland China.

Lord Howe Island is situated in the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand, 600 kilometres (370 miles) directly east of mainland Port Macquarie, New South Wales and 780 kilometres (480 miles) northeast of Sydney. It has an area of 14.55 square kilometres (5.62 square miles).