Showing 1 – 9 of 9
Bugema University was chartered in 2009 by the Uganda government and is a Seventh-day Adventist Church institution of higher learning owned and operated by the Uganda Union Mission. It is located 30 kilometers north of Kampala, the capital city of Uganda, on Gayaza-Zirobwe Road, in the Luwero District of Central Uganda. It is the largest Seventh-day Adventist school in Uganda.
Arthur Asa Grandvile Carscallen was the first Seventh-day Adventist missionary to Kenya. He was also a missionary to British Guiana.
The East-Central Africa Division (ECD) is one of the three divisions of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists on the African continent.
Difasi Idude Isabirye was a pastor and administrator in Uganda and Kenya. Isabirye’s commitment to church leadership was displayed during the difficult days of the oppressive regime in Uganda in the 1970s.
Meri Kahinju was a lay evangelist to the Rwenzoris, Uganda, and the first woman to serve as a preacher in Uganda.
Kasese Better Living Center is a center of influence managed by the Rwenzori Field as a community center for mission in many different ways.
Lind, Magdalon Eugen (1910–1985) and Kezia (Sørbøe) (1909–2013)
Yona Balyage|Nathaniel Mumbere Walemba
Referred to as “God’s Angel to Mount Rwenzori,” Magdalon Eugen (M. E.) Lind, along with his wife Kezia, were pioneer missionaries of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to the Rwenzori Mountains in western Uganda. He was a pastor, director, president, fluent speaker of several African languages, fundraiser, and a generous donor. As missionaries, Magadalon and Kezia were beloved by the people of Uganda and other countries where he worked, including Kenya, United Kingdom, Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), and Lebanon.
Samwiri Muhindo Muhairwa was a pioneer pastor of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Rwenzori Mountains of Western Uganda.
Rwenzori Field is one of the six fields and one mission that currently constitute the Uganda Union of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Adventist activity in the Rwenzori mountains began in 1946 when M. E. Lind reached Kazingo, located at the foot of the Rwenzori Mountains.