Showing 1 – 5 of 5
Alfred and Pamela Brandt served the Adventist Church in various capacities in the United Kingdom, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Denmark, and Uganda.
Referred to as “God’s Angel to Mount Rwenzori,” Magdalon Eugen (M. E.) Lind, along with his wife Kezia, were pioneer missionaries of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to the Rwenzori Mountains in western Uganda. He was a pastor, director, president, fluent speaker of several African languages, fundraiser, and a generous donor. As missionaries, Magadalon and Kezia were beloved by the people of Uganda and other countries where he worked, including Kenya, United Kingdom, Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), and Lebanon.
Robert Daniel Pifer was the third overseas missionary to serve as director of Rwenzori Mission Station, at Mitandi. His wife Gerd was a nurse and teacher at Mitandi Dispensary. They served the mission station under a very hostile social and political climate.
Rwenzori Field is one of the six fields and one mission that currently constitute the Uganda Union of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Adventist activity in the Rwenzori mountains began in 1946 when M. E. Lind reached Kazingo, located at the foot of the Rwenzori Mountains.
The University of Eastern Africa, Baraton (UEAB), situated in Nandi County in the Rift Valley of Western Kenya, is the oldest Adventist university on the continent of Africa to offer a variety of degree courses in arts, applied sciences, and natural sciences. It first opened its doors in September 1979 to a very small number of students. Another twenty students were enrolled on January 28, 1980. On March 28, 1991, UEAB became the first private university to be chartered in the Republic of Kenya.