Browse Articles

Show

sorted by: Title or Division

in

Only show articles:

Where category is

Where title begins with

Where location is in

Where title text includes

Where translation is available in

View list of unfinished articles

Hide advanced options -


Showing 41 – 60 of 117

Georgian field, formerly Georgian Mission, was established in 2001. This Adventist church administrative unit functions within the state borders of the country. The headquarters is located in the capital city, Tbilisi.

Johann F. Ginter (Hinter) was the first pioneer Adventist missionary in Romania.

Grigoriy Andreevich Grigoriev was a pastor and church administrator from Russia.

Ivan Afanasievich Gumenyuk was a pastor, author, and church administrator from Moldova.

The first Adventists appeared in the south of Kazakhstan in the late nineteenth century in the village of Konstantinovka, 25 kilometers away from Tashkent. Several German families, who had moved from the European part of Russia, received some Adventist booklets and started celebrating the Sabbath. After a short time, Adventist congregations were organized in Akmolinsk (now Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan) and Auliye-Ata (now Taraz).

Isack (Izaak) Kleimanis was one of the most respected pastors in the Latvian Conference and in the territory of the former USSR.

Kubano-Chernomorskaya Conference is a part of the Caucasus Union Mission in the Euro-Asia Division of Seventh-day Adventists. It was organized in 2002. Its headquarters is in Yablonovskiy, Republic of Adygea, Russian Federation.

Ivan Mikhailovich Kucheryavenko was a pastor, evangelist, and martyr for Christ in Ukraine and Russia in the 1900s.

Mikhail Petrovich Kulakov was an Adventist preacher and president of the Euro-Asia Division of the Adventist Church (1990–1993). He was engaged in translating the Bible into Russian and served as director and editor-in-chief of the Bible Translation Institute at Zaoksky (Russia) and actively defended human rights and freedoms.

Stepan Pavlovich Kulyzhskiy served the Seventh-day Adventist Church for almost 60 years as evangelist, pastor, and administrator.

The Adventist message came to Kyrgyzstan in 1891. At that time, this territory of Asiatic Russia was named as a Turkestan. Heinrich Ott, who was an Adventist, moved with his family from the Volga region to the village of Orlovka. Other Adventist families also came there. Philipp Trippel was among the newcomers as well. He was the first mentor who coordinated preaching the Adventist message.

The Kyrgyzstan Conference was a church unit that operated from 1990 to 1994, when Kyrgyzstan and the southern part of Kazakhstan were united into the Southern Conference.

The Kyrgyzstan Conference was a Central Asian church unit that was organized in 2002 and changed to a Mission in 2010.

Pavel Ivanovich Lagutov was an Armenian Adventist pastor whose work in Georgia from 1968 to 1998 helped to reestablish the Adventist Church in that country.

Conrad Laubhan was the earliest pioneer Adventist missionary in Russia, with the significant support of his wife, Katherine Sophia.

The Little Russian Conference was a pre-USSR church unit located mostly in modern day Ukraine. It operated from 1912 to sometime between 1917 and 1920.

Ivan Aleksandrovich Lvov was a pastor, church administrator, and editor from Russia.

Heinrich Johann Lӧbsack was Russia’s first ordained Adventist pastor and church leader in Tsarist Russia and the USSR.

​Pavel Andreevich Matsanov was an Adventist pastor, administrator, evangelist, and teacher in the former Soviet regions of Russia, Latvia, and Ukraine.

Fyodor Vasilievich Melnik (Mel’nik) served the Seventh-day Adventist Church as evangelist, pastor, administrator, and teacher in Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, and Russia.