Browse Articles

Show

in

sorted by: Title Division Date Published

Limit results to articles with a translation available in

Only show articles:

Where category is

Where title begins with

Where location is in

Where title text includes

View list of unfinished articles

Show advanced options +


Showing 3501 – 3520 of 4047

​The Sydney Adventist Hospital is owned and operated by the South Pacific Division of Seventh-day Adventists. It is located in suburban Sydney at Wahroonga, NSW, Australia. It was opened on January 1, 1903.

​Eric Syme engaged in evangelism during the early years of his ministry in England, then moved to the United States where he taught religion and history for more than 25 years, first at Southwestern Junior College, then Pacific Union College.

​Richard Creswick Syme served as an administrator in several Adventist schools, including principal at New Zealand Missionary College (now Longburn Adventist College).

​Marinda (Minnie) Day Sype served the church as a pioneer evangelist, pastor, missionary, conference home missionary secretary, and publishing circulation manager, all of which at that time were extraordinary for a woman.

Not very much has been recorded about the earliest beginnings of the Adventist work in Syria. It is reported that in 1893 four people became Seventh-day Adventists in Aleppo during a visit there by Zadour G. Baharian, the pioneer Adventist worker in Turkey. However, it was decades later when regular work was established in the present boundaries of Syria.

​Seventh-day Adventists early on experienced the need for financial support of those working in gospel ministry. Prior to the formal organization of the church, they developed a plan of systematic giving. After more than one and a half decades, they eventually adopted the biblical tithing plan of Malachi 3 that aided in the dissemination of the Adventist message to all parts of the world.

The Szechwan Mission (四川区会; Sichuan Mission) was officially formed in 1917 as a subdivision of the West China Mission. Merritt C. Warren served as director throughout its short history.

Levy Baloyo Tabo was a pastor and church administrator from the Philippines.

​José Tabuenca was a pastor and ecclesiastic administrator in the former Austral Union Conference of the South American Division and in institutions such as Uruguay Academy, River Plate Academy, and South America Spanish Publishing House.

​Juan Tabuenca was an Adventist pastor, evangelist, ecclesiastical administrator, and theology professor who served in Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay.

Moisés Tahay was an Adventist pioneer evangelist and pastor among the native tribes of Guatemala.

Aston George Tai was a noted Adventist businessman and philanthropist in Jamaica.

Asa O. Tait was an editor of the evangelistic periodical "Signs of the Times" for more than three decades.

​Taiwan Adventist Hospital, located in Songshan District, Taipei, Taiwan, and operated by the Northern Asia-Pacific Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is the only Adventist hospital in the territory of the Taiwan Conference.

During the 1930s, the exiled German Adventists further organized the first Adventist congregation. The Russian Adventists appeared in Tajikistan in 1931. The pioneers included the families of Pavel Zhukov (born in 1905) and Vasiliy Borisov (born in 1896), who were exiled from Transcaucasia. They were followed by other exiled Adventists.

The Tajikistan Mission was organized in 2002 and changed to a field in 2012.

Takele Bezuneh was ordained as the first Adventist pastor in Ethiopia in 1954.

Tala’fekau Mo’oni (“Faithful Messenger” or “True Messenger”) was a periodical printed in the Tongan language between 1909 and 1956.

Jahja Benyamin Talaa was a pastor and church administrator in Indonesia.