Showing 1 – 7 of 7
Erik Alfred Anderson was a pioneering evangelist, pastor, administrator, and Bible teacher in Sweden.
Missionary, physiotherapist, and nurse, Hanna Bergström served in Dogba and Koza, Northern Cameroon, between 1931 and 1953, together with her husband Ruben Bergström.
Ekebyholm Mission School began when the Nyhyttan Mission School was relocated; it had the same aim and was to serve the East Nordic Union’s Swedish speaking members, mostly from Sweden but with some from Finland. The school had two tiers: a general education, and a theological seminary. The theological seminary was to provide the two countries with pastors and Bible workers as well as staff for its institutions.
Hultafors was originally built as a tourist hotel in 1907, but had not been overly successful, even when it was operated as a health resort by previous owners. Yet its geographical location provided good communication, thanks to the railway opened in 1909 which provided access to the country’s second city, Gothenburg, 56 kilometers away, and to the nearby middle-sized city of Borås.Situated in a hilly woodland landscape, with several lakes, it provided an ideal place for Adventist holistic treatment. The first ten years had in total 10,000 guests.
Missionären was a Swedish periodical published by the Seventh-day Adventist Church from 1897 to 2021.
Situated in a remote and scenic site halfway between Stockholm and Oslo, Nyhyttan Mission School was an Adventist Swedish training institute and seminary from 1898–1932.
Gösta Alfred Wiklander served the Seventh-day Adventist Church for about 75 years in different capacities: office worker, canvasser, canvassing leader in the publishing ministry, pastor-evangelist, Bible correspondence school director, communication director, public affairs and religious liberty director, conference and union president, executive committee member of the Trans-European Division, principal, researcher, and author.