The Adelaide Electro-Hydropathic Institute and Sanitarium was opened in July 1899, the brainchild of Alfred Semmens. It existed for ten years as a struggling institution until it was superseded by the Adelaide Sanitarium which was opened at another site in 1908.
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, previously known as Shawnee Mission Health and Shawnee Mission Medical Center, is a 504-bed hospital in Merriam, Kansas, that serves the Kansas City community with faith-based, whole-person care and a wide range of medical services.
The Adventist Clinic of Kinshasa was created in the city of Kinshasa in 1993. It was a health project designed for quality oral care and evangelism.
The Adventist Dental Services (formerly known as Adventist Orthodontics Services) is one of the Zimbabwe East Union Conference medical entities located in Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe (formerly known as Rhodesia).
The origin of the Adventist medical work in Nicaragua dates back to 1898 when Pastor Frank Hutchings made his first missionary trip to Nicaragua, sailing on a boat called El Heraldo on the Prinzapolka River. He reached the coast of the city, where he was forced to anchor due to the threat of a tropical storm.
Inisa Community Medical Centre, which became Adventist Medical Centre in 2007, started medical services in the early 1950s and was one of the early clinics/hospitals in the western region of Nigeria. It has made significant impacts on the Inisa community and other neighboring towns and villages.
The Adventist Natural Life Clinic and Spa is an institution that is part of the Adventist Health System, located in the territory of the Central Brazil Union Conference. The goal of this clinic is to offer specialized programs for disease prevention and health recovery through lifestyle education.
In the post-World War II era the number of Seventh-day Adventist retirement villages in the South Pacific Division has steadily increased.
The Amyes Memorial Hospital was opened in 1939 at Kukudu on the Island of Kolombangara, Western Solomon Islands. Today it functions at the Kukudu Adventist Clinic.
Aore Adventist Hospital operated between 1961 and 1977, and again briefly in 1981. It was located on the campus of Aore Adventist High School New Hebrides (modern Vanuatu).
Asuncion Adventist Sanitarium (Sanatorio Adventista de Asuncion or SAA) is a medical missionary institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church located in the Paraguay Union of Churches Mission territory. It is headquartered on 380 Silvio Pettirossi Avenue and is crossed by Paí Perez, ZIP code: 001221, in the state of Teniente Silvio Pettirossi, San Roque county, in the capital city of Asunción, Paraguay.
Atoifi Adventist Hospital is a Seventh-day Adventist medical and surgical institution situated on the isolated east cost of Malaita, one of the larger of the Solomon Islands’ 992 islands.
Auckland Adventist hospital was located at 188 St. Heliers Bay Road, St. Heliers, Auckland, New Zealand. It was administered as an institution of the Trans-Tasman Union Conference, South Pacific Division. It operated between 1974 and 1999.
The Australasian Research Institute (ARI) began July 20, 2004, to coordinate research activities within the Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH) and also conduct and promote research in association with other Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) organizations and the community.
The Union Conference Record dated January 1, 1900, announced the dedication of the Avondale Health Retreat on December 27, 1899.
The Clínica Adventista da Bahia (Bahia Adventist Clinic) (CAB), is a medical missionary institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is part of the Adventist Health International Network. It is located in the territory of the East Brazil Union Mission (ULB), operating on the Faculdade Adventista da Bahia (Bahia Adventist College) (FADBA) campus, on BR-101, km 197, Zip Code 44300-000, Capoeiruçu neighborhood, in the city of Cachoeira, state of Bahia, Brazil.
Belgrano Adventist Clinic is a medical health institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, located in the territory of the Argentine Union Conference. Its headquarters is located at 1710 Estomba Street, Belgrano District, C1430 EGF, Buenos Aires, in Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
During the 1890s at a time when Helping Hand Missions were being established in many cities around Australia and New Zealand, Doctors Eric and Margaret Caro and some members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Napier, New Zealand, formed what was termed a Christian Help Band to assist released female prisoners and “the fallen.
Boliu Hospital on the Island of Mussau, Papua New Guinea was opened in 1955. It was closed in 1977 when a government facility opened approximately thirty minutes’ walk from the mission station.
Cape Sanitarium (also known as Plumstead Sanitarium) was a medical institution of the South African Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists that operated from 1904 to 1934.