One Year in Mission (OYiM) is a Seventh-day Adventist Church evangelistic endeavor coordinated by the youth ministry department of the General Conference. The goal of this project in the South American Division (SAD) is to promote the participation of Adventist youth in the evangelism of urban centers in eight countries assisted by the SAD.
“A Light in the Way” (Una luz en el camino) is a radio and television program founded by Pastor Enrique Chaij, widely publicized in the Argentina Republic and other countries, which offers distance Bible courses.
Bernhard Albert Aaen was an ordained minister, missionary to Indonesia, educator, and administrator from North Dakota, U.S.A.
Aba East Conference was formerly known as East Nigeria Conference and is part of the Eastern Nigeria Union Conference in West-Central Africa Division.
The Aba South Conference is part of Eastern Nigeria Union Conference in the West-Central Africa Division. It was organized in 2013.
Malcolm Edwin Abbott was the superintendent of the Seventh-day Adventist Mission in New Guinea when he was taken as a civilian internee during World War II in Rabaul, New Guinea, and subsequently lost his life at the age of 33.
Abia North-Central Conference (ANCC) is part of West-Central Africa Division. ANCC came out of East Central Conference, which in turn came out of East Nigerian Conference. Before becoming a conference, East Central Conference was East Central Mission (ECM). ECM was organized on January 8, 1986. Pastor Silvanus N. Chioma was the pioneer president of the ECM. Pastor Chioma, an indigene of the mission, led it from 1986 to 1990.
The development of leadership among indigenous Seventh-day Adventists in Australia has met with varying degrees of success throughout the history of the Church in the country.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ministries (ATSIM) is a department of the Australian Union Conference which gives priority to the ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church among the indigenous peoples of Australia.
The ACA Health Benefits Fund is a fund into which church employees and local church officers can contribute so that it can assist with the payment of medical costs accrued by insured individuals.
The Accra City Conference, formerly South Ghana Conference, is in the Southern Ghana Union Conference of the West-Central Africa Division.
Johnson O. Achilihu was the president of the East Nigeria Conference from 1988 to 1997.
George Adair provided 37 years of sound management in Sanitarium Health Food Company and Sydney Sanitarium and Hospital in the Australasian Union Conference, ensuring the viability of these institutions in both the Depression and the years of World War II.
Reginald “Reg” and Leila Adair served the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Australia, at the General Conference headquarters, and in the Far East, specifically the China Division during the time of the Communist takeover.
Cyrus and Nola Adams, born in New Zealand, gave forty-one years of service to the Church in the South Pacific Division. Cyrus was a pastor, evangelist, teacher, missionary, and conference administrator.
Richard and Miriam Adams commenced their married lives as early missionaries on Pitcairn Island. After five years on Pitcairn they spent nine years in self-supporting medical ministry on Norfolk Island.
Charles D. Adamson was one of the pioneering Caribbean-Antiguan literature evangelists and lay leaders in the eastern Caribbean from the early 1890s until his death in the mid-1930s.
Addis Alem is a town located in the west Shewa zone of the Oromia region, west of Addis Ababa, central Ethiopia. It has an elevation of about 2,360 meters above sea level and an estimated population of 18,000. Addis Alem is known for the Basilica Church of St Maryam with an adjacent historical museum which burned to the ground in 1997 but has since been rebuilt.
The Adelaide Electro-Hydropathic Institute and Sanitarium was opened in July 1899, the brainchild of Alfred Semmens. It existed for ten years as a struggling institution until it was superseded by the Adelaide Sanitarium which was opened at another site in 1908.
In 1904 delegates in the East Michigan Conference (EMC) voted to open what would become Adelphian Academy. At the time there were only five senior academies in the United States, and none of them were in Michigan. These were South Lancaster Academy, Mount Vernon Academy, Keene Academy, Southern Industrial School, and Oakwood Industrial School. There were twelve “intermediate” schools, which is how Adelphian began – as a ten grade school. Among these twelve intermediate schools was Cedar Lake Industrial Academy (1899), and Battle Creek Industrial School (1904).