The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Myanmar is a government recognized NGO in Myanmar.
The Adventist English Conversation Schools (AECS) are operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the East Indonesia Union Conference to teach Indonesian people to communicate in English while introducing the gospel, healthy living, and other activities intended for mental, social, and spiritual development.
Adventist Professional was a journal produced by the Association of Business and Professional Men in Australia beginning in 1989
The Adventist Technology Institute (IATec) is a technology development and support institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (SDA) managed by the South American Division (SAD). Its headquarters is located at Santana Avenue, no. 1995, postal code 13184-210, in Parque Hortolândia neighborhood, city of Hortolândia, state of São Paulo, Brazil.
Adventist Volunteer Service in the South American Division
Caiky Xavier Almeida|Renato Ferreira Silva
The Adventist Volunteer Service (AVS) is a program fostered by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, originated in the General Conference (GC), to mobilize people to volunteer for the mission. In South America, this program is under the administrative responsibility of the South American Division (SAD), which performs this function along with the 15 Unions operating in its missionary field. Now, the AVS administrative office is located at the SAD headquarters, on L3 South avenue, Setor de Grandes Áreas Sul (SGAS), block 611, set D, part C, Asa Sul, Zip Code 70200-710, in the city of Brasília, capital of the Federal District, Brazil.
Adventist-laymen Services and Industries (ASI) in the territory of Southern Asia-Pacific Division was first organized in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2013.
The Association of Business and Professional Men (ABPM) was formed following discussions that took place between laymen in Sydney, Australia, in the late 1950s.
Eldoret Adventist Guest House is an Adventist hospitality facility in Western Kenya.
The Dutch Bible Correspondence School, called the ESDA–Institute for written (and online) courses, was founded in the summer of 1946. “ESDA” is the Dutch pronunciation of the abbreviation for “Seventh-day Adventist.”
Family ministries in the Caribbean Union Conference can trace its formal development to North Caribbean Conference (NCC) when, in 1983, Pastor Jansen Trotman, NCC executive secretary and stewardship director, developed a series of stewardship ministries titled “Stewardship of the Family.” The positive response highlighted the need for a greater focus; hence, in 1985, Pastor Trotman was named director of family life.
La Vida Mission is an independent Seventh-day Adventist ministry to the Navajo Nation located near Crownpoint, New Mexico, fifty miles south of Farmington.
Originally owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Nutana was a health food factory in Denmark.
The Aeolians is an Oakwood University choral ensemble that, since its founding in 1946, has thrilled the hearts of hundreds of thousands and been a primary instrument in the university’s public relations activities.
Pacific Yacht Ministries (PYM) was a small, not-for-profit, self-supporting ministry, operated and supported by volunteers, recognized by the South Queensland Conference and South Pacific Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It operated out of Queensland with its base in Brisbane. It provided transport, logistics and support to health staff employed by the Vanuatu Government Health Service in Northern Vanuatu. PYM was registered as a company and had charitable status.
São Paulo Old People’s Home (CACI) was an institution that assisted impoverished elderly Adventists who had no one to take care of them. It operated from 1950 to 2007. The place, known as the Old People’s Home, operated as a boarding facility providing services for elderly men and women.
Sonship is an officially recognized supportive independent ministry of the South Pacific Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.1 It is based in Cooranbong, New South Wales, Australia. It operates a fleet of floating clinics in the Western Province of the Solomon Islands. The vessels, all named Medisonship, visit the islands and villages of the province, providing medical care, spiritual care, and health education for the people.
The Taylor String Quartet, comprising children of Seventh-day Adventist music teachers Morris and Elaine Myers Taylor, achieved international acclaim during the 1970s and later became the resident string quartet at La Sierra University.
The King’s Heralds, a male quartet initially associated with the Voice of Prophecy radio program for over thirty-five years, has been a popular part of Adventist musical identity since 1937.
The Voice of Prophecy (VOP) correspondence lessons reached Tanzania as early as 1950, when those who were able to read English received the lessons brought from Cape Town, South Africa, by Adventist missionaries. Later, a branch of VOP Bible Correspondence School was opened in Nairobi, Kenya, by Robert J. Wieland.
Vredenoord, the Adventist nursing home in the Netherlands, started as a home for senior citizens operated by the Netherlands Union of Churches Conference. Today it is a registered nursing home operated as a supporting ministry and subsidized by government grants.