The Adventist Health Education Foundation (AHEF) is a vegetarian food factory operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Matariah, the heart of Cairo, Egypt. Founded in 1976, it continues to function as of this writing (2019).
Adventist School Bouchrieh (ASB) is a coeducational day school operated by the East Mediterranean Region of the Middle East and North Africa Union Mission. Following the education ideals of the Seventh-day Adventist church, it offers four levels of education (kindergarten to secondary) and is accredited by the Lebanese Ministry of Education.
The Afro-Mideast Division was a large unit of church organization in the Middle East and eastern Africa that existed from 1970 to 1981.
Afro-Mideast Division Impact was a periodical that served as the official organ of the Afro-Mideast Division from 1971 to 1981.
The Arabic Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventists had a brief 17-year history (1927-1944).
Romualdo Bertola was a pioneering Italian evangelist in the late 1800s.
In 1899 Ida Schlegel, a nurse who was trained at the Adventist Sanitarium in Basel, Switzerland, was sent as a missionary nurse to Cairo, Egypt, along with Louis Passebois and his wife, who were also trained nurses.
The Dar El Salam Hospital was an 85-bed medical facility in Baghdad, Iraq, sponsored by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. It operated from 1946 to June 1959.
Egypt is a republic situated on the northeast corner of Africa and the southwest corner of Asia. It is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea on the north and the Red Sea on the east. Egypt shares long land borders with Sudan to the south and Libya to the west and also connects to the Gaza Strip and Israel in the northeast.
Aida Ghazal Farah was an educator, Bible worker, college dean of women, church musician, and youth leader in Lebanon.
Salam Fargo, sister of the first pioneer layman in Iraq, served as a home missionary in her country of Iraq.
The modern Republic of Iraq occupies most of the region the ancient Greeks called Mesopotamia, the “Land between Rivers,” referring to the Euphrates and Tigris river valleys and the plain stretching between them. Similar terms are found in other languages, including the Arabic (بَيْن ٱلنَّهْرَيْن Bain al-Nahrain). The geographic region became a political one after World War I, with the formation of an Arabic-speaking state, the kingdom of Iraq.
The first record of the Levant Union Mission appears in the 1907 SDA Yearbook.
Matariah Mercy Home was an orphanage operated by the Egypt Field of Seventh-day Adventists to provide care for underprivileged village children from 1947 to around 1990.
The Middle East and North Africa Union Mission is attached to the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. Formerly known as the Greater Middle East Union Mission, the Middle East and North Africa Union Mission was organized in 2012, renamed in October 2012, and reorganized in 2015. It occupies the following territories: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara (Western Sahara is a contested area not universally recognized as a separate country or region), Yemen, and the northern half of Cyprus; comprising the Egypt-Sudan, Gulf, and West Asia Fields; and the East Mediterranean, and North Africa Regions.
The Middle East Division was a church organizational unit from 1951 to 1970.
The Middle East Messenger was the official organ of the Middle East Division from 1945 to 1980.
The Middle East Press, operated by the Middle East Union Mission in Beirut, Lebanon, was a publishing house with printing facilities that published in six languages. It was founded in 1947 but was forced to discontinue its operations in 1984 due to financial difficulties and the civil war in Lebanon.
The Middle East Union Mission was operational in two separate periods from 1941-1951 and again from 1970-2011.
Morocco is the most western country of North Africa and is known as the Maghreb or the “Arab West.” Its first exposure to Seventh-day Adventists began in the city of Casablanca in 1925.