Skodsborg Badesanatorium (Skodsborg Sanatorium) is a pioneer Seventh-day Adventist medical institution at Skodsborg, a suburb of Copenhagen, Denmark. It was originally owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and stood as a model and inspiration for other sanitariums and hospitals in Northern Europe. The institution is still being operated as a health resort under the name Kurhotel Skodsborg, but it no longer belongs to Seventh-day Adventists.
The mission work among the Baluba people of the Democratic Republic of Congo was established in 1921 on a 500-acre (200 hectares) plot at Songa. The medical work began June 8, 1927, with the arrival of Dr. J. Hubert Sturges and his wife, Violet. They first treated patients on the veranda of their thatch-roofed house. Because of fear and superstition, few patients came, and many village people even fled from their homes.
The earliest Adventist medical institution in Korea opened in 1908 at Soonan, a town about ten miles north of Pyongyang, the present capital of North Korea. It was operated by the Chosen Union Mission until World War II, but after the war, its control was taken over by the government of North Korea. Soonan hospital was also the predecessor of Seoul Adventist Hospital.
Sopas Adventist Hospital operated between 1963 and 2000 in Papua New Guinea. It was located near the town of Wabag in the Western Highlands Province. After independence in 1975 and the redistribution of provincial boundaries, the hospital was located in the Enga Province. A School of Nursing, one of the most significant Schools of Nursing in Papua New Guinea, was affiliated with the hospital between 1966 and 2000, when it was transferred to the campus of Pacific Adventist University, near Port Moresby.
Officially established in 1976 to extend the health services provided by Heri Adventist hospital, Sumbawanga SDA Dispensary began as subunit of Heri Adventist Hospital. By that time Heri Adventist Hospital had become a referral hospital, and all the dispensary’s staff came from the hospital.
The Sydney Adventist Hospital is owned and operated by the South Pacific Division of Seventh-day Adventists. It is located in suburban Sydney at Wahroonga, NSW, Australia. It was opened on January 1, 1903.
Taiwan Adventist Hospital, located in Songshan District, Taipei, Taiwan, and operated by the Northern Asia-Pacific Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is the only Adventist hospital in the territory of the Taiwan Conference.
Temeke Adventist Dispensary is a Seventh-day Adventist Church medical institution owned by South-East Tanzania Conference in the Southern Tanzania Union Mission.
Togoba Hansenide Colony was opened in 1950 in order to treat cases of leprosy or Hansen’s disease in the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
Toishan Hospital and Dispensary, better known by the pinyin of its Chinese name as Taishan Christos Hospital, was one of the short-lived, yet important Adventist health institutions in southern China that emerged after World War II but was soon taken over by the government due to political changes in China.
The Valle de Angeles Adventist Hospital (HAVA) is a health institution of the Honduras Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventists. Its main offices are located in Los Lirios, Valle de Angeles, Francisco Morazan, about 17 miles from Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras.
The Venezuela Adventist Hospital is located in the city of Barquisimeto in the western part of Venezuela and has offered its services both to the community and to the church since 1978. It serves the territory of the West Venezuela Union Mission, with administrative and financial support from the Adventist Healthcare Services–Inter-America.
The Warburton Sanitarium and Hospital operated under a number of names for 91 years between 1910 and 2001. It commenced as a health home and was sold in 2001 as a hospital and health resort.
Yeosu Sanitarium and Hospital (aka. Yeosu Yoyang Byungwon) is a nursing hospital established in 1996 to take care of the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of patients through natural treatment that incorporates the health principles of the Adventist faith. The hospital, run by the Korean Union Conference, is located at 204-32, Jangsu-ro, Hwayang-myeon, Yeosu-si, Jeollanam-do.
Youngberg Memorial Adventist Hospital, a medical institution situated in Singapore, was named in memory of Gustavus B. Youngberg, a missionary to North Borneo.
Yujawon is a senior sanitarium facility operated by the Seoul Adventist Hospital and was opened on March 3, 2008, after constructing a sanitarium center with the support of the Ministry of Health and Welfare. Yujawon is equipped with facilities such as a medical room, a physical therapy room, a rehabilitation program room, and an inpatient room that can accommodate 120 patients, and provides complex services such as medical, nursing, social, and psychology.
Yuka Adventist Mission Hospital is owned and operated by the Southern Zambia Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Zanzibar SDA Dispensary was officially registered January 31, 1988, with the Tanzania Union Mission officers as trustees.
The Seventh-day Adventist work at Zoissa started in 1977 through the families of Elder Ndumula and Elder Asheli Lusenga from Mghumbi. The two families from Kibaigwa village, Kongwa, Dodoma, some 58 kilometers away, had gone there for agricultural reasons. Upon arrival, they initiated Bible study with some people at Zoissa, which resulted in the conversion of Amon Kudel in 1979, who was subsequently baptized in 1980. As time went by, the number of baptized increased to 14.